On December 3, Matt and I went in to be induced. We were very excited and hoped that this would be our quickest delivery yet since I tend to be in labor for 20+ hours usually. We got there and I was already contracting on my own about every 4-6 minutes. I was 2cm dilated. They started pitocin around 8:15am. Even the doctor came in and tried to break my water but was unsuccessful at that time. The contractions weren't too bad so I was able to get up and move around the room as much as I wanted. Around 12:45 the doctor came back in and was able to break my water at that time. At that time I was still only dilated to a 2. The Doctor made a joke that I would probably make her come in around 3am to deliver this baby at the rate I was going. Within an hour to hour and a half I dilated to 3 1/2cm. Yeah some progress, around that time was when I got my epidural since the contractions were really starting to pick up and coming more quickly. Well, I stayed at 3 1/2 cm for a long time with no change. Around 5pm or so I finally dilated to a 4. To make a long story short after many times progressing then followed by no changes finally around midnight I was a 9 1/2 cm. The head although was still up pretty high. I was beginning to feel more and more back pain at this time. The nurse had already noticed earlier that evening that the head was not positioned as it should be, with attempts to try to get the baby to turn. Well she didn't want to. The epidural was not working at all at this point due to the position of her head. So finally, after waiting and suffering the nurse finally called the doctor and she checked me and had me try pushing to see if the head would come down. The doctor noticed that instead of the head coming down when pushing the head went up so she made the call that it was time for a c section.
Arriving at 2:51am Makayla Marie finally made her entrance into our lives. 
She weighed in at 7lbs. 8 oz. and 21 inches long and most importantly she is healthy. Her head was facing up and the cord was wrapped once around her neck so it was best for her that we had a c section. She came out not only peeing but pooping. She is absolutely beautiful and has her own features that her other two siblings do not. Josie and Anthony love her and want to hold her all the time especially Josie. We couldn't have asked for a better transition from the two of them.
Here are some pictures of us after the birth. Hope you enjoy!!!


The proud grandparents!!!


A proud big sister!!!

Our first family picture!!
Rose surprised me by coming out. I did not know that she was coming out with my dad to help out. Thanks for the great surprise Rose!!!! Love you!!!!!
This is a four generation picture with Matt, his mom, her dad and Makayla.
Aunt Carri and Makayla
Aunt Teresa and Makayla

Anthony wasn't to sure about the baby while she was crying on his lap.

Going Home!!!


A proud big sister!!!
Our first family picture!!
5 comments:
Oh Becky and Matt
She is beautiful! Congrats! Hope to see you all soon.
Congratulations! She looks beautiful! So sorry you had to go through all that labor and waiting to just have a c section. But I'm so glad it worked out and she is healthy. I hope you recover quickly!
what a cutie, congratulations. matthew and i are so happy for you. it is hard trying to deliver a sunny side up baby huh?! glad the delivery went well in the end.
She looks just like your other kids. She is so sweet. I can't wait to hold my baby.
I'm really glad that I was able to come! I loved being with your kids. I think William is happy to be home, though. It's a little safer for him here, I guess!!! :) I miss you and Matt and your kids already! Congratulations again!
Post a Comment