Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scary moments

Last week Makayla had a couple of scary moments that could have possibly hurt her or even killed her. The first one happened last Wednesday. I dropped Matt off to get his haircut then the kids and I went to Walmart to get some medicine. When we arrived I put Makayla in the front of the cart, Anthony inside the cart and Josie rode on the front of the cart behind Anthony. I was just about out of the parking lot when I hit a bump, I hit the bump so hard that Makayla's car seat went flying off of the cart. I caught it in midair and pushed it back onto the cart, in the process of doing that it smashed Anthony in the face which cut and bruised his cheek. Well, come to find out the bump I hit was Josie getting off of the cart.
The second incident was Friday evening. I was talking with Matt on the phone while he was driving home. I set Makayla in her swing while I went to get ready to go because we were going to go out once Matt got home. Josie was in the bathroom with me talking to me as I was getting ready. I heard Makayla let out a cry but then she stopped so I figured she was fine. A few minutes later I go back into the living room to find Anthony on top of Makayla in the swing. He was giving her a great big bear hug. I quickly told Anthony to get off of her and moved to get him off. As I got closer to her I realized that her face was a very dark red color and her lips were a very dark purple/blue color. Her eyes were open wide and I could tell very quickly that she wasn't able to breath with the way Anthony was on top of her. I quickly pulled him off and when I did she let out a gasp. I picked her up and she started breathing and quickly pinked back up. It scares me to think about what might have happened to her if I hadn't gone into the room when I did. I just thank God for what didn't happen.

No comments: