Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 3

Prior to going to William's (my nephew) first birthday party we all went swimming at this extremely fun pool. It has so many fun things for everyone to do of all ages. It has a playground in very shallow water for younger kids, water slides, and very high platforms for older people to attempt to jump/dive off of. Shannon and I decided that it would be fun to jump off of these platforms. There were three different platforms the highest being 30 feet. The first one we jumped off of was the second highest, which was probably around 20 -25 feet high. We did that one okay without being to scared. Later on in the afternoon the highest one opened up so we decided to go and jump off. I told Shannon that she had to go first since I went first off the first one. Talk about a chicken, she couldn't bring herself to go. Finally, after waiting for her to go I decided that I couldn't wait any longer. I was getting so nervous waiting for her to go that it was making me nauseated and my heart was beating so fast. I decided the best way to go was just to run off, well I did just that and in midair (since it felt like I was falling forever) I opened my eyes and since I was still falling I just started screaming. What a rush that fall was, needless to say, I didn't go off of it again. Shannon on the other hand stayed up there for probably 20 more mins. Every one was waiting for her to make the jump, we were all down below cheering her on. Even the pool started chanting "Jump." It was so funny, so finally she did it and the entire way down she looked like a chicken with her arms and legs waving about. It was great!!! Boy do I wish I had all of that on camera.

No comments: