Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Our beautiful butterfly

A couple of weeks ago while we were out for a family walk one night Matt found a Monarch caterpillar. We picked it up on a milk weed and brought it home. We put it in a container and feed it for about three days then it went into a cocoon. On Sunday the transformation was complete. That morning while I was out watering some of my flowers I just happened to look into the container and there it was just out of the cocoon. I knew Josie would be so excited so I raced into her room and told her that it hatched.







2 comments:

Rosalee said...

I like when Matt narrates the videos. Your butterfly is very beautiful! What a fun thing for you family to do. I hope she has found a wonderful boyfriend.

Jacob said...

That's way way cool!