Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 8

On the last day of our trip we all decided that we wanted to go back to Yellowstone in hopes to see a bear. That was Anthony's big thing that he wanted to see and pretty much everyone Else's. We made the drive to Mammoth Springs in Yellowstone where we heard of some people spotting some bears. It was quite a rainy day off and on with some chilly weather for the day.
Some more sites of Yellowstone.



Miss Independent wanted to walk the entire hike.


Check out that big ole Elk.

Prior to coming upon this bear we were able to see a black bear that was cinnamon color coming down a hillside but it was to far away to get a decent picture. Later on we came across this grizzle bear up on a cliff side, what was really cool was she had two cubs with her. We stopped and got out of the car and watched them for a little while. Don't worry they were far enough away that we were safe. Needless to say that was a pretty cool thing to see!!
What a fun and memorable time we had in Yellowstone. The one down part of the day was that it rained all night making it a very cold and chilly night to camp. Poor Rose's tent leaked and she was soaked.

2 comments:

Rosalee said...

Yes, poor me. But I still had a great time (just not at night).

Rosalee said...

Oh, and I am so glad that I went because I got to spend a whole week with you and your sweet family! I love you all and miss you!