For a year now Matt and I have been talking about whether to redo the flooring in our house to kind of expand out our dining space which we have outgrown since Zachary was born, we had been bouncing around the idea of tearing up the carpet in the living room through hallway and make all that wood floor and then at the same time redo the hardwood floor in the kitchen/dinette area. We have seen how 4 kids have treated the wood floor with throwing cups, dishes or toys and the wear and tear the flooring has taken so we weren't sure about putting that kind of money into a new flooring for at least another year. We even bounced around the idea of a laminate flooring or keeping carpet but getting new. We couldn't decide but bottom line we just weren't sure how long we would stay in this house. Back when we bought this house almost 10 years ago we decided we would stay here 10 years and then evaluate our situation will shortly after Christmas I was ready to start looking elsewhere I knew by redoing the flooring it would save us a couple of years but that would be about it. With interest rates so low and the kids still being young I was ready. The next step was major dejunking of the house and I mean major, after that we called in the realtor she gave us her thoughts and ideas of what to do. Next we painted then got the carpets cleaned and then on January 25th the house went on the market. It wasn't too bad trying to keep the house spotless, the kids helped out a lot with cleaning up after themselves. Some weeks we had quite a few showings then some weeks none. The week of Zachary's birthday I told Matt and the realtor that I didn't want any showings on Saturday since it was Zachary's birthday and I wanted to have birthday mess and not have to worry about anything, well the night before the realtor was sitting in the living room with me(why another story) she got a phone call from another realtor asking to show our house on Saturday between 10:30 and 11:30 am. She asked me if that would be ok and since I had his cake made I figured it would be fine. Matt wouldn't be home till after 12:00 anyways so why not. So on March 2nd at 11:30 am Matt calls me and tells me that the couple who came through loved our house and was going somewhere quiet to work on the paperwork to put in an offer. I was so excited!!!! Needless to say it was a good offer and we excepted it.
After 36 days on the market, open houses every Sunday and lots of showings this pretty little sign went up. The only bad part is we were hoping to stay till school was out but that isn't happening. We have to be out by April 29th since that is the closing date. On to the next chapter of our lives:) As exciting as it will be to move on it is sad to leave since this was our first home as a married couple, all of our babies came home here and this house is full of wonderful memories. We have been blessed by such wonderful neighbors which made it a struggle for me to consider moving but I truly felt it was time. May we be just as blessed in our new house as well.
1 comment:
Great read! Glad to have been a small part of the process
Post a Comment