Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Anthony's 7th Birthday Cake

For Anthony's 7th Birthday Cake I decided to make him a King Kong cake, the picture I found looked really cool and I figured I could do it too.  I baked all the cakes and started assembling it the night before his birthday since we were going to be busy with family during the afternoon of his birthday.  It turned out really cool and Anthony was so excited for his cousins and Grandparents to see it later that evening. 


 then we left for the pool...I had wondered before leaving if the cake was to heavy and if it would hold up...this is what we found when we got home.  The cake fell apart...unfortunately you live and learn when baking.  He was so sad!!!  But mom quickly came up with a clever idea which saved the day.
 We turned it into a Planet of the Apes cake which he got really excited about. 



 
I told him how lucky he was to get two birthday cakes in one.   It turned out to be ok and not a total loss.  At least the birthday boy was happy!!!

No comments: