Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 4


Our first stop was Cayman Island. The weather there was beautiful as was the scenery. We had to be transported from our ship by another boat and on the way to the port we saw a pirate ship. I thought Dallin would like to see it so I took a picture of it for him. There was a tour of some sort that you could do on it. Maybe someday Dallin you can do that.






This is the Governors home. We learned that he is appointed and not elected. One thing that I love about going to different places is seeing the different architectural styles and the vibrant colors. The homes out here are very expensive.






















On our tour that we took we went to Hell. Yes, I said Hell, there is actually a town called Hell on the Island.







This is limestone that is in the town Hell.






There is the devil side of me.







Here is the angel/ innocent side of me.






After a stop at Hell we then visited the Rum Cake Factory. They are very proud of their cake. They had all types of cake to try, banana, plain, chocolate, etc.




Our last stop on the tour was the Cayman Turtle Farm. As everyone knows Matt is really fascinated by turtles. So this was heaven for him. At this farm they breed the Green Sea Turtles. After the turtles lay their eggs the eggs are taken, the farm then controls the sex of the turtles by the temperature the eggs are kept at. 20% of the babies after a year are released into the wild. They will never release the adults back into the wild because they have lost their ability to survive. It was really interesting and unbelievable to see these turtles and how big they are.












These turtles here are the yearlings.




They let us all hold one of the yearlings. It was pretty cool. They were pretty cute.






After our tour was over we walked around took some more pictures. Did some shopping and ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. We had a wonderful time we were amazed at how clear and blue the water was there. We even got a stamp in our passport, you would never believe what the stamp consisted of... a turtle. While we were on our tour we saw lots of iguanas out sunning themselves everywhere. They would be in peoples yards, they were like what squirrels are to us. It was pretty cool. I got my first sun burn of the trip out there just walking around the town. I didn't realize it either till I got back on the boat.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Dear Customs Office,

I would like to report a missing yearling. Although you may not know it is missing yet, and though I have not seen it yet, I have no doubt my brother-in-law, Matt _______, of ______, NE, snuck one in from Mexico. You will probably find it in a small tub in his basement, or worse... his own bathtub. He just got back from Hell, so he must have wanted to bring a souvenir with him. If he does not repent, he will surely go back.